- 1 Asian pear, peeled and medium dice
- 1/2 head radicchio, core removed, sliced thin
- 1⁄2 head butter lettuce
- 1/4 C crumbled blue cheese
- toasted pecans, crushed (optional)
- 2 T extra virgin olive oil
- 3/4 tsp. Dijon mustard
- 1 T apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. sugar or 1/4 tsp. honey
- kosher salt (to taste)
- fresh ground pepper (to taste)
- 2 shallots, small dice
1. In a large bowl combine the Asian pear, radicchio, greens, blue cheese, and pecans.
2. In a small bowl, whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, Dijon mustard, sugar (or honey), pinch of salt, and a few good grinds of pepper.
3. Add the shallots to the vinaigrette then set aside.
4. When serving, dress the greens lightly, season to taste, and serve immediately.