- 1/4 C olive oil
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1 T lemon juice
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. fresh herbs (oregano, thyme, parsley or marjoram)
- 4-6 summer squash (any variety)
- 1 large fresh sweet onion
- 2 T avocado oil, or other high heat oil
- 6 nectarines
- 1/4 C extra virgin olive oil
- 2 oz. feta (optional)
- 1/2 C blueberries (optional, but not very)
- 1/4 C basamic vinegar
- 1 T honey
- pinch of salt
- salt and pepper to taste
- Place all marinade ingredients into a large ziploc bag or container. Slice squash into rounds and put into marinade until ready to grill.
- Heat balsamic vinegar in a small saucepan until reduced by about half. Stir in honey and add a pinch of salt. Remove from heat.
- Slice onion into thick rounds.
- Saute the onion slices on high heat, keeping the sections together, turning with a spatula to brown both sides. Then break apart and saute a few more minutes. Alternately, you can marinate and grill the onions until they are softened and browned. Remove to a platter.
- Grill the zucchini rounds until brown on both sides. Remove to platter with onions.
- Halve and pit the nectarines and place on a hot oiled grill, a few minutes per side until grill marks appear. Remove to platter with veggies.
- Sprinkle with feta and blueberries, if using. Drizzle with balsamic glaze. Season with coarse-ground salt and pepper to taste.
Serve warm or room temperature with reserved balsamic glaze on the side.